May Birthstone Jewelry – Emerald
April 30, 2018, Alyssa Bruni
An emerald, like many other stones has a variety of meanings. These meanings stem from a range of cultures and beliefs. In mythology, an emerald is the stone of the goddess Venus, resulting in the common connotation that emeralds bring about romance, lust, power and passion. Queen Cleopatra particularly wore emeralds. It is believed that this Egyptian Queen could foresee the future and tell the difference from truth VS dishonesty. Emeralds are also believed to be one of the most beautiful birthstones in the entire zodiac, apart from their unique ability to cure disease and protect against evil, the emerald is one of the most magnificent stones on planet earth.
Emeralds have always been known for their impeccable beauty and demeanor. The emerald first ever existed in Egypt, 300 BC. These glorious gems were first worn as jewelry in ancient Rome and Greece. Metaphorically speaking, emeralds were worn by the Mogul emperors of India, believed that these hidden goodies protected the God’s from evil.
The emerald is highly recommended for the individuals born in the month of May, who possess the most remarkable qualities listed below. Wearing an emerald in particularly for those born in the month of may enhances their qualities and ensures that they are in sync with oneself through self preservation and alignment of the soul, mind and body and spirit.
If you are born in the month of May, you possess these qualities; therefore wearing an emerald is highly effective for you.
- Hard workingPeople born in the month of May are ambitious and work extremely hard in what they believe in. They leave no stone unturned when they are working on their dreams and goals, which makes them one of the most determined of all the zodiacs
- Highly emotionalPeople born in the month of May are very emotional and are very sensitive. If provoked, they can lose their cool easily, so those of you who are reading this and are not born in May, be careful not to get on the wrong side of a person born in the month of May
- Fun and hyper all the timePeople born in the month of May are child like and wear the qualities of spontaneity and curiosity. They are very energetic and never get tired!!
- They love to travelThese May born Taurians love to explore and enjoy adventure.
- IndependentThey are independent, stubborn and do things according to their will. They are self-reliant, headstrong and rely on nobody
- They Love To Spend MoneyThey love luxury and style and class. Hence jewelry is their most prized possession
Celebrities are in awe of these stunning gems and people all over the world are celebrating and taking part in the adoration of this phenomenal gemstone. From the likes of Elizabeth Taylor to Halle Berry and many more, these gems are the most treasured and admired of all. We, at Fascinating diamonds recommend buying this wonderful gemstone; whether or not you are born in month of May, enjoy this luminous beauty.
Take a look at our incredible emerald stone jewelry. Whether you choose to buy an emerald cut engagement ring, remember you can customize your very own ring online with us, with just a click away.
PS- HOW TO CLEAN YOUR EMERALD JEWELRY
Tips on how to clean your emeralds
- Always use mild soap and warm water
- Use a silk cloth to dust it
- Never use high heat or steams, these will ruin the emerald
- Never use any chemicals on your emerald jewelry
- Take it to your closest jeweler or follow the tips above in ensuring your emerald lasts you forever.