Top 10 Famous Engagement Rings Of All Time
"You can't cry on a diamond's shoulder, and diamonds won't keep you warm at night, but they're sure fun when the sun shines." -Elizabeth Taylor
Yes, Diamond, a woman’s best friend is indeed hard and cold but never fails to put a smile on her lips and twinkle in her eyes with its brilliant shine. It is believed that a woman’s heart can be won by a big engagement ring and for centuries men have gone overboard to win their beloved’s heart with extravagant jewels. Their love stories may be forgotten and lay as a distant memory but the shine of that spectacular piece of jewelry remains immortal through ages. So we take a trip down the memory lane of the most memorable, extravagant and magnificent classic engagement rings that have been gifted over decades by rich and famous to their lady love.
1. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton Perfect sparkle for the quintessential Elizabeth Taylor is her famous 33.19 carat asscher cut diamond ring that was given by actor Richard Burton is amongst the legendary pieces of jewelry in the history. This Krupp diamond later popularly came to be known as ‘the Elizabeth Taylor Diamond’ as she called it her favorite piece of jewelry.
2. Kate Middleton and Prince William The Duchess of Cambridge’s sparkler is the most famous in the world. Prince William presented Kate Middleton with a 12 carat oval blue sapphire ring surrounded by 14 solitaire diamonds and set in 18 carat white gold. It belonged to the great Princess Diana and is amongst the most iconic and expensive engagement rings.
3. Beyonce and Jay Z Beyonce is all about glitz and glamour and the ring given to her by Jay Z is no exception. Queen Bey’s diamond is an 18 carat emerald cut flawless diamond ring set in platinum. The ring is huge and one of the most famous celebrity bling.
4. Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth Jim Toth proposed the Oscar winner actress with a 4 carat emerald diamond engagement ring. The ring is set on a pave diamond and platinum band. The ecstatic smile is complimented well with this stunner.
5. Jennifer garner and Ben Affleck Batman sure has his way with his woman. On his 33rd birthday, Ben Affleck presented his lady love, Jennifer Garner, with a custom 4.5 carat cushion cut diamond with baguette sidestones set in platinum.
6. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Brad Pitt took a year to design the perfect ring for his love Angelina Jolie. He popped the question with a 16-carat custom-designed diamond ring set flawlessly on a yellow gold band surrounded by diamonds specially cut to encircle Angelina Jolie’s finger. It costs a whopping amount and is a stunner. Brangelina has always been our favorite.
7. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Mission Impossible star not only knows how to woo his love but also knows how it’s done. He popped the question to Katie Holmes at the top of the Eiffel tower with a 5 carat oval shaped diamond ring in rose gold.
8. Jennifer Anniston and Justin Theroux Jen Ann’s massive rock is 8 carats and costs a fortune. The virile Theroux popped the question with a huge cushion cut diamond ring with tapered baguettes on the sides. The eye popping dazzler was present to Jen Ann while on the shoot.
9. Victoria Beckham and David Beckham Did you know that Victoria Beckham owns 13 engagement rings in her 15 years of marriage to the soccer star? Our eyes are officially peeled now. Not everyone can do that, but David Beckham surely can. Though David Beckham sealed the deal with a 3 carat marquise cut diamond ring, today’s winner of most exquisite ring of all 13 is a vintage cut, pear-shaped diamond rings (the size of a small doorknob if you may call it), estimated to be 15 to 17 carats, set in a archetypical diamond platinum band.
10. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Known for doing things the extravagant way, the proposal too was extravagant. The rapper presented Kim with the perfect cushion cut diamond ring set in a pave band. The ring is flawless not just internally flawless but has the best diamond.
Agreeably the winner has been and still remains Elisabeth Taylor’s 33.19 carat asscher cut diamond ring. Will there be another exquisite piece of rock that can over-shine this quintessential magnificence? Only time will tell…